Surviving the Coronavirus Lockdown COVID-19
“At the end of the day, all you need is hope and strength. Hope that it will get better and strength to hold on until it does.”- Unknown
It’s been an interesting start to the year, hasn’t it?
At this time, there is so much confusion and uncertainty in the world. Everyone is trying to make sense of the things happening. Everyone has a theory, an opinion and a concept. The truth is, we’re all scared but, we want to bring you some light.
The way we live and carry out daily tasks has drastically changed in a matter of weeks and many of us now have free time on our hands. What do to with all that free time you ask? We have some tips to get you through self-isolation.
- Stay at home: In order to reduce the risk to your health and the number of deaths caused by this virus, stay at home and only make trips that are absolutely necessary. If you are having any symptoms, call 111 for advice.
Create and keep a schedule: This is an essential tip especially for our Kings and Queens, who are able to work from home. This will help you structure your day and also help you to get essential tasks completed.
- Separate your work and rest areas: If you can, as this will help you to work efficiently and create a work/rest balance.
- Rest: Probably the most important tip on this list. This doesn’t just mean sleeping the day away, it means finding the time to rest your mind too. We have so many thoughts running through our minds each day, it’s easy to forget to just relax. Take some time to yourself by tuning out any distractions (social media) and focus on your wellbeing. We recommend our SMILEY tracksuit to relax in style.
- Do things that make you happy: Indulge yourself in the things you love to do. If you can. Have Zoom or Facetime calls with family and friends, work on the garden, paint, make something or even create TikTok account and have some fun!
- Pick up a new skill or hobby: If you never had the time to learn something new, now is a great time! Especially with companies such as the Open University, LinkedIn and Rosetta Stone offering free courses!
We hope these tips really help you during this time.
Stay home and stay safe
Words by Bambo @sincerelybambo